American companies struggle with keeping their information safe and secure in the ever-evolving digital age.
Banking, Healthcare and even Retail companies have struggled to keep their information security “in shape” in terms of proper retention, monitoring and correlation. The information infrastructure at American companies has continued to bloat, with both internal and external pressures pushing for greater and easier accessibility.
SIEMs (Security Information and Event Management software) have evolved over time to help organizations manage the ever-increasing complexity of networks and their security.
SIEM SOFTWARE: WHAT IT DOES FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION
The goal remains the same. Avoid losing sensitive organizational and customer information that can result in hundreds of thousands of dollars in cleanup while reducing public confidence.
Modern SIEM software provides a simplified solution that addresses the total life-cycle of information security including:
- Spotting vulnerabilities early,
- Identifying internal and external threats in near real time,
- Reacting immediately to remediate and resolve those issues, and finally,
- Measuring and identifying the impact of leaks quickly when an event does occur
It also wouldn’t hurt if that same solution helped automate processes for regulatory reporting and audits. These are the functions that SIEM software should address.
How do you know it’s time to get serious about implementing Security Information & Event Management Software?
Listen for these common statements of frustration from your top stakeholders:
- “There are too many security events to investigate. How can we possibly keep up?”
- “Can’t we just get alerts when our users are acting suspiciously, BEFORE we have a problem?”
- “I’d like for us to be compliant, but I’m just going to pay the fees instead, it’s too complicated or expensive to do it right!”
If these statements or others like them sound all too familiar, it’s time to contact Burk IT. Our experienced professionals can work with your organization to clearly evaluate costs, concerns and other key measures to provide the best solution for your organization.
GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS FOR SIEM SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS:
SIEM software is designed to provide organizations with the following capabilities:
- Correlate logs and events from multiple sources to provide a more complete picture of user and threat activity within an environment
- Provide near real-time threat detection
- Reduce and prioritize security alerts
- Aid security management and remediation
- Produce detailed data access and user activity reports
- Deliver security intelligence for both onsite and cloud environments
- Automate tedious compliance reporting to save time
There are many SIEM solutions available and many models including appliance, cloud, or managed-service type of solutions to fit your needs.
BEFORE choosing a solution for your organization, contact a Burk representative to review your situation.
IBM® Security QRadar® SIEM consolidates log source event data from thousands of devices endpoints and applications distributed throughout a network. It performs immediate normalization and correlation activities on raw data to distinguish real threats from false positives. It can also correlate system vulnerabilities with event and network data, helping to prioritize security incidents.